Stage 4 Restrictions - CBD College
Victorians can still attend our first aid and white card classes in Melbourne CBD and Dandenong. The Victorian Government confirmed this with us on 5 August 2020.
Victorians must stay at home except for four reasons: necessary goods or services; medical care of compassionate reasons; exercise, work and education if necessary.
Please note that our courses are approved to operate as we are providing qualifications or credentials to people employed in key industries such as:
- Clinical health and biomedical science
- Aged and disability care
Staff and students who are permitted to leave home for work or study can travel more than 5 kilometres from their home for this purpose.
All first aid courses are still proceeding as planned.
We have exceptional infection control measures in place and have been advised by a senior member of NSW Public Health and a medical specialist on these policies that we have in place.
- Classes have been limited in size.
- The 4sqm and 1.5m social distancing guidelines apply in all our classes.
- We encourage hand sanitisation as people enter and before they leave (and whenever they like during the course).
- Our trainers have been instructed to space chairs out, have breaks every 2 hours, sanitise all surfaces, door handles etc with Viraclean (or equivalent) at each break and air the room during break.
- There are gloves that you can use for your assessments.
- Some of the assessments have been modified as you will see on the day. For example you do not have to breathe into the manikin during this time.
- We have a sign on the door reminding people not to enter if they have travelled internationally in the last 14 days (these notifications are also on our websites and are in the terms and conditions that students must acknowledge before they can be enrolled).
- Our staff have had professional development on maintaining their own personal hygiene and on Coronavirus in general